Saturday, April 23, 2011

Goodbye ... Hello!

I said goodbye to my 17" Compaq laptop & my backup harddisk (along with 5 years of my digital life), when my Loewe laptop bag was stolen from my car last Tuesday 12 April 2011 ... :'( sadness to the max!

It's a fresh start now, with my 15" MacBook Pro ... :) ... time to build new memories & projects!

I made a new jacket for my new appendage in an auspicious color ... RED!


What started out as conventional Chanel-like squares, quickly turned into a roadmap ... when I ran rampage with the stitches on the sewing machine. It's mainly red felt on the outside & black felt on the inside. So to strengthen both felt, I stitched both together with pattern in black thread.
I used black grosgrain ribbons for the edge trims.
To contrast the red, I used black felt on the outside & line with black jersey internally, for the flap ... with red stitches.
And with closing flap attached, I sewed the buttons on ... and there! we are packed & ready to go for a new adventure together!

No comments: